Pizza is one of my favorite foods; carbs and cheese are my love language. However, I have been a bit more mindful about my indulgences and decided to try fruit pizza. Watermelon is synonymous with summer and it’s the perfect treat for Independence Day. Melon is refreshing and juicy and makes a great base for this recipe.
I use yogurt as the “sauce” and fresh sliced berries and cherries as toppings. My favorite brand of yogurt is Siggi’s. It’s Icelandic style-thick and tangy. This brand of yogurt is high in protein and low in sugar. A definite win for me!
Watermelon Pizza- (My own creation although I’ve seen versions all over the web.)
- 1 Watermelon
- 4.4 oz Vanilla Yogurt cup (I use Siggi’s, use whatever brand you like)
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced cherries, pits removed
- Honey (to drizzle as garnish)
1. Using a knife, cut off a slice of watermelon a couple of inches thick.
2. Using a spatula, spread an even layer of yogurt around the watermelon leaving a bit of empty space near the rind.
3. Place the fruit on top. Use a little or a lot.
4. Drizzle with honey for a little extra sweetness (optional)
This recipe is incredibly easy and it’s actually very satisfying. The summer heat is at an all time high and fruit pizza will keep you hydrated. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Thanks for reading! xo