I’m always on the lookout for delicious healthy food. I typically have a sweet tooth and like salty snacks too. I don’t discriminate; I love all food!! But, my PCOS has been going through one of its cycles and I’m spiraling to curb the weight gain. I’ve set a goal to start focusing on nutrition and really be mindful of what I consume.
I found a book at my local library in the Weight Watchers series and it’s full of healthy recipes. I am not a member of WW, but I believe they think about food in way that’s in line with my philosophy; Real delicious food, that nourishes the mind and body and allows for occasional indulgences.
I was looking for a dip that would complement raw veggies, but wasn’t full of calories. Enter this recipe, it utilizes Greek yogurt and fresh herbs, so it’s high in protein and flavor.
Green Goddess Dip- (Recipe adapted from “The Essential WW Freestyle Cookbook”)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced plus additional for garnish
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (plus additional pepper for garnish)
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor or blender until combined evenly.
- Spoon into a serving bowl; sprinkle with scallions and cracked black pepper.
*Serve with vegetable crudités
Next time you are planning a veggie tray, whip up a bowl of this dip to serve as an appetizer or snack. It’s gluten free and comes together in only a few minutes. For anyone following WW, this is only 1 smart point and 58 calories for 3 tablespoons. Enjoy!!
Thanks for reading! xo