I’m currently on Spring break and waiting for warm temperatures to arrive. In the meantime, I made a refreshing lemonade to brighten up the grey days. Meyer lemons are only around for a short time, so I stocked up. They are a little less acidic than a regular lemon and definitely sweeter in taste.
I like to keep fresh herbs around to enhance dishes and thyme adds a nice touch. Thyme is part of the mint family and just a spring or two elevates this drink.
Meyer Lemonade with Thyme- (Inspired by White on Rice Couple)
• 1/2 cup fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
• 1 cup Simple Syrup *recipe follows
• 4 cups Water
• A couple sprigs of fresh Thyme
• A teaspoon of real high quality vanilla extract is a fun addition too. (optional)
1. Combine meyer lemon juice, simple syrup, and water in a pitcher, add a few lemon slices to the mix. Stir to combine and serve over ice.
2. Garnish with a sprig of Thyme
• 1 cup Water
• 1 cup Sugar
1. Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sugar dissolves, then take off the heat. Allow to cool then store in a clean jar in the refrigerator.
*Simple syrup is one part water to one part sugar and is a staple in iced coffee and mixed drinks.
Pour yourself a cold glass and find a quiet place to sit and relax. Life can be so busy, it’s always a treat to slow down and enjoy a silent moment.
Thanks for reading! xo