Sometimes you have the best laid plans to create and then your family gets hit with multiple illnesses and you just simply stop everything “extra” and focus on healing. Life is hectic and we don’t always take the time to just BE. We are finally on the mend and I took a few minutes putting together a book page table runner. It’s a fun statement piece to add a bit of whimsy and conversation to your tablescape.
For as long as I can remember, books have always held a special place in my life. An escape into a new world, where you could leave the doldrums behind. As an adult I collect home decor and cookbooks. (Addiction is probably the right word.) I frequent the library on the regular and my shelves are overflowing with reading material. Cracking open a brand new book is something I truly look forward too.
To make this table runner find an old book in your stash or even at Goodwill. Gently remove the pages so you have plenty of paper to work with.
Book Page Table Runner-
- Book pages
- Glue stick or Elmer’s glue
- Paper roll (this will be used as a foundation so your runner can be transported and rolled up.)
- Measure your table and add extra length so the runner can drape over the sides of the table slightly. Cut paper roll to desired length.
- Starting at one end, begin gluing book pages onto paper roll. It’s best to do this at random to keep it visually interesting. But do what speaks to you!
- Let table runner dry and then show off your hard work. You may also, choose to use a paper punch to add a decorative edge to the runner. (I may try that later.)
I think these table runners would look gorgeous at a tea party or bridal shower. Perhaps a romance novel or poetry book could be utilized for a Valentine’s Day buffet. The typography adds dimension too. If you use a newer book, try dyeing the book pages with tea to make them appear more antique. This project is quick and easy- great for a nap time craft.
Thanks for reading! xo