Tis the season for everything cranberry. These tart little guys make a starring appearance in this delicious retro salad. For years I’ve love Watergate salad (Ever since my MIL served it years ago) and this is very similar, but a little more festive.
It’s sweet and tart; the mini marshmallows and homemade vanilla whipped topping add a luscious creaminess. You can serve this as a side or place it on the dessert buffet.
Cranberry Salad- (Recipe from Kelsey Nixon’s Instagram)
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Chop cranberries in food processor or blender until no large pieces remain.
- Place cranberries into bowl and stir in sugar. Cover and leave in fridge for at least two hours. Drain juice from cranberry sugar mixture.
- Stir in drained pineapple and marshmallows. Set aside.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form, then fold into cranberry mixture and refrigerate. Add pomegranate seeds as garnish.
*You may sub cool whip for the homemade whipped cream. (One container)
This side dish is very easy to make and adds a holiday flair to your Thanksgiving meal.
Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving! See ya next week, as I take the rest of this week off to relax with family.
Thanks for reading! xo