Thanksgiving week has arrived! I cannot wait to spend the better part of this week with those who are near and dear to me. I’m certainly grateful for a short work week and enjoying my favorite meal of the year. What are your Thanksgiving plans?
I made this traditional cranberry sauce which is a wonderful accompaniment to the Thanksgiving Day turkey. It’s sweet and tart and has a bit of citrus and cinnamon flavors going on. This sauce is delicious by the spoonful too!
You only need a few ingredients to put this sauce together. You can make it a few days in advance as well and that helps to take a little pressure off the big day.
Cranberry Sauce: (This recipe came from Kelsey Nixon)
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest and juice from 1/2 an orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add cranberries to a medium sauce pan and pour water and sugar overtop. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally- until berries pop. 10-15 minutes. Add orange zest, juice and cinnamon stick and cook for another minute or two.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
*Store in the fridge or serve immediately
The bright color of the cranberries adds a nice pop to your tabletop or buffet. Every year I make some variation of cranberry sauce-the citrus and cinnamon put it over the top and make this dish shine.
Thanks for reading! xo