Hello November! Comfort foods are on the dinner table and this is a spin off from the pot pie recipe I shared the other week. The filling is exactly the same- I just opted to make parsley biscuits instead of pie crust.
Chicken and Biscuits- (adapted from The Spruce.com)
Filling recipe can be found Here on my original pot pie post. Make it exactly as stated except pour filling into a 11″ x 13″ casserole dish. Then make the biscuits as follows.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped) or one tablespoon dried
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or half and half)
1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, salt, sugar and parsley. Mix well.
2. With a fork, stir in the heavy cream until moistened. Turn the dough mixture out onto a floured surface and, with floured hands, knead 3 or 4 times, just until the dough holds together.
3. Pat into a circle about 1/2 inch thick and cut out with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
4. Arrange the biscuits over the chicken mixture in the baking dish.
5. Gather the dough scraps together and cut out more biscuits, placing on the chicken mixture or on a greased baking sheet or pan. Repeat until all of the dough is used. You may also freeze extra raw, cut-out biscuits on the baking sheet. Put the frozen biscuits in a freezer bag and bake them at another time.
6. Bake the chicken and biscuits and the plain biscuits until browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and brush biscuit tops with butter. Serve immediately.
Thanks for reading! xo