Happy Halloween! I’ve never been much into the spooky and creepy, but I enjoy a day of celebration as much as the next person. If you are in need of a kid-friendly dessert, these Rice Krispies treats are a classic favorite. They only require a few ingredients and add a fun touch to your Halloween festivities. Bring a tray to your child’s school or Halloween party.
But, today, I wanted to show you how a few Wilton items can transform your treats into a spooky Frankenstein face. I was scrolling Facebook and saw these treats made by the incredibly talented Jenny Cookies. I just happened to have all the ingredients in my pantry and they were begging to be used. After the fact, I did add mini marshmallows to look like Frankenstein’s bolts. I think this small detail really brought the look together. This activity is great fun for the kids to make and decorate.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10oz package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Cooking spray
- Wax paper
- Green Wilton candy melts
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Chocolate Jimmies (sprinkles)
- Additional mini marshmallows cut in half, for bolts
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into rectangles.
4. Melt half the bag of candy melts in microwave, in 30 second intervals. (Or according to package directions.) Give a good stir and dip top 1/3 of treat into candy melts. (You may also spoon it on) Place on wax paper and adorn with candy eyes and sprinkle chocolate jimmies onto top of Frankenstein’s head. Press marshmallows into side of “head”. Allow candy melts to dry and serve right away.
*Best if served the same day.
Thanks for reading! xo