A few summers ago, I went to a cookout at my friend/coworkers house. Her place is decorated beautifully and has such built in character. The style matches with my own, so I really enjoyed exploring her space. The backyard is also, perfectly suited for hosting friends and family. The lush landscaping and outdoor space make you feel like you’ve gone on vacation- total relaxation mode.
All of that to say- we had a delicious meal. Kabobs, caprese salad and corn relish, to name a few. Each dish was presented on white platters and they were all stars. As I’ve said before, I’m a chip and dip girl and I just had to get the corn relish recipe.
You can spoon this on grilled chicken, salad greens or serve with a big bowl of tortilla chips. It tastes great any way you choose.
Corn Relish- (My friend said this recipe came from one of her girlfriends.)
- 4-5 ears corn (sliced off cob)
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Cilantro to taste
- 1 chipotle pepper, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar and oil Newman’s Own Dressing (you may also, substitute a splash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.)
1. Add corn kernels, beans, onion and peppers to a bowl.
2. Squeeze juice from lime over mixture. Add cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Give a good stir.
3. Add 1/4 cup of dressing to relish and give a final toss. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve immediately and store any leftovers covered, up to two days in the fridge.
This relish is also really wonderful over tacos. It has a lot of fresh flavor and is sure to be a new favorite.
Thanks for reading! xo