It’s hard to believe that Fourth of July is next week. Cookouts and Bbq’s are on everyone’s agenda and it’s always great to show up with a fun and festive dish. Enter the classic fruit tray! Berries and stone fruit are in season and just so conveniently match the red and blue Americana color scheme.
This flag inspired fruit tray is nothing new, it’s been floating around the online universe, but it’s super cute and I’ve made it the last few summers. Your cookout or buffet will shine with this easy tray as centerpiece.
Patriotic Fruit Tray Ingredients:
- White chocolate or yogurt covered pretzels.
- One large platter and a small bowl
1. Wash your fruit and dry it off.
2. Arrange the blueberries in a small bowl and place it in the upper left hand corner of your dish.
3. Start with a row of cherries at the top of the platter for your red stripe, followed by a row of white chocolate pretzels, then a row of strawberries and another row of pretzels. Finally end with a row of red raspberries.
Easy Peasy! Have your kids help you create this fun fruit flag.
Luckily, the price on fruit during the summer is stellar and it doesn’t cost a fortune to put a fresh tray of fruit together. It’s always nice to have something refreshing to munch on when it’s hot out.
What are your 4th of July plans?
Thanks for reading! xo