I went berry picking last week and came home with fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. I thought real Popsicles would be a nice treat for my kiddos and these are actually healthy!
Summer arrives this month and backyard BBQ’s are sure to start popping up on your calendar. These patriotic pops are a tasty and light frozen treat to keep everyone cool.
These popsicles only require a few ingredients and would make a nice addition to any 4th of July event due to the red, white and blue color scheme. I also, used a star shaped Popsicle mold to add another dose of patriotism.
Roasted Berry Yogurt Popsicles-
- 16 oz vanilla yogurt (I used the whole milk variety)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- Juice from half a lemon
* You need a Popsicle mold (you may use paper cups and popsicle sticks in a pinch.)
1. Wash berries, chop strawberries into small pieces.
2. In two separate dishes (I used baking dishes) spread the blueberries and strawberry pieces.
3. Squeeze juice of 1/2 a lemon over each dish and stir to evenly coat the fruits with lemon juice.
4. Roast the berries at 400 F for about 20 minutes, until the fruits are cooked and in their own juices. Remove dishes from the oven and let cool.
5. Once fruit has cooled, put vanilla yogurt in a large bowl. Gently fold berries into the yogurt, being careful not to overmix.
6. Spoon into popsicle molds and freeze for 3+ hours.
*When ready to eat, run mold under hot water for a few seconds and pop should slide right out.
Feel free to use any fruit you have on hand as this recipe is quite adaptable. Since these Popsicles have no added sugar I feel good serving them to my family.
Thanks for reading! xo