Today I’m sharing a luxurious body butter that is sure to get your skin ready for the warm days ahead. You will smell like a tropical island and your skin will be soft to the touch.
Last month, I got a Young Living starter kit from my parents for my birthday and I’ve been trying to find ways to utilize my awesome oil stash. This body butter is super easy to make and is a wonderful gift for your girlfriends. It’s also the perfect make and take if you host “oily” parties.
I’ve struggled with eczema my whole life and I’m always looking for natural ways to treat it. This is almost like magic in a jar. Give it a try!
Whipped Body Butter:
- Hand mixer (or stand mixer)
- 1 (15oz) jar coconut oil
- 2 tsp. sweet almond oil
- Essential oils
- Glass jars (I like to use small mason jars.)
1. Whip coconut oil and almond oil until fluffy. This should only take a few minutes.
2. Stir in a few drops of essential oil in scent of your choice. (I used Lavender because it’s relaxing and smells beautifully fragrant, but not overpowering.)
3. Scoop body butter into jars with lids to store.
*If your coconut oil is very hardened, put it into microwave for a few seconds to soften before whipping. (step 1)
I think these body butters would make terrific favors at a spa party. You could allow your guests to pick their scent so it is customized to their liking.
It’s important to remember that essential oils are highly concentrated and a small amount goes a long way.
Thanks for reading! xo