I’m exhausted is an understatement- things have been busy between my full time job and running the normal day to day tasks. Also, my phone is on its last leg, which has made it difficult to keep up on the blog. Every aspect of creating a post happens on my phone. (Photos, editing and composing) I am managing as best I can, but hope to upgrade to a functional phone in the near future.
Anyhow, thanks for sticking through my little rant! Today I am sharing a recipe for a delicious peach cobbler coffee cake. Stone fruit is on the cusp of being ready and I just can’t wait. A sweet, juicy ripe peach is excellent and when tossed in cake you get a winning combination.
This dessert is perfect for breakfast; yep, eat cake for breakfast or serve it after Sunday dinner. It’s a terrific treat!
Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake- (Recipe from the blog Lemon Tree Dwelling)
2 cups flour
2½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ cup milk
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups sliced peaches
1 c. brown sugar
⅔ c. flour
8 Tbsp (1/2 c) cold butter
½ cup powdered sugar
2½ tsp milk
⅛ tsp cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Beat ¾ cup milk, ¾ cup brown sugar, ½ cup sour cream, ¼ cup butter, egg, and vanilla until creamy.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended.
4. Fold in the peaches.
5. Spoon batter into a 9 or 10 inch springform pan and sprinkle with crumb topping (see below).
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 – 50 minutes.
7. Combine ingredients for glaze and drizzle over baked coffee cake.
1. Combine 1 cup brown sugar, ⅔ cup flour in a bowl.
2. Cut in ½ cup cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
This coffee cake is perfect to pack up and bring to a get together or picnic. Wrap it up and serve! The combination of cake, peaches and cinnamon come together wonderfully in this divine sweet treat. Cut a slice and enjoy!
Thanks for reading! xo