Strawberry season is in full swing. The farmers markets have tables of berry baskets and you better take advantage. A fresh strawberry is divine and can be utilized in so many ways.
I am trying to be mindful with my eating and this salad certainly fits the bill of being hearty and fresh. This is the perfect lunch on the weekend and would even be a nice dinner, to eat outside. The grilled chicken adds loads of protein to make it a meal.
Strawberry Spinach Salad: (I don’t give precise amounts because everyone enjoys a little of “this and that” so customize these ingredients to your taste.)
- Baby Spinach (you decide how much to divide into the bowls)
- Thinly sliced red onion
- One sliced avocado
- Hulled and sliced strawberries
- Toasted almonds
- Feta cheese
- Grilled chicken, sliced
- Vinaigrette dressing
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Add Spinach Salad to a bowl. (Make individual salads or one large family style)
2. Put the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and gently toss to combine.
3. Add dressing and serve immediately.
This is the perfect Spring salad and will easily become a favorite healthy meal. It’s also very pretty and would look great on a sideboard or at a buffet style gathering.
Thanks for reading! xo