Today is Cinco de Mayo- A celebration of Mexicos victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Many Americans decide to partake in a fiesta featuring many wonderful Mexican dishes. Defintely one of my favorite cuisines. I didn’t earn the nickname Jillita for nothing. Ha!
I’m sharing a delicious recipe for guacamole. I love chips and dip. Fresh guacamole is one of my favorites. I put it on taco salad, burrito bowls, and of course tortilla chips. It’s tasty and pretty healthy- you really can’t go wrong.
Guacamole- (my own recipe)
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed with fork- leave some chunks
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (removed seeds for less heat)
- 1 Roma tomato chopped; seeds removed
- Juice from half a lime
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Place mashed avocado into a bowl with, onion, tomato and jalapeño. Mix
2. Add cilantro, salt and lime juice, stir.
3. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
Fresh guacamole turns brown rather quickly, so it’s best eaten right away.
This is a classic staple for Taco Tuesdays or any time you want a substantial dip. Throw a margarita in the mix and you are set!
What’s your favorite Mexican dish?
Thanks for reading! xo