I love a good pasta salad- it screams warm weather and we are in a Spring heat wave. The pollen count is high and it feels like Summer. I wanted something veggie rich, but also with carbs- pasta salad came to mind.
No one in my household enjoys broccoli, so this will serve me well for lunch, during the work week. It’s filling and has a great crunch. It also has bacon- you just can’t go wrong!
Broccoli and Grape Salad-
(Adapted from Southern Living Magazine)
- One 12oz package of egg noodles
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 8 cooked slices of bacon, crumbled.
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (optional- my husband has a nut allergy so I left them out)
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces. Place into large bowl along with the sliced grapes.
3. Whisk together mayo, sugar, red onion, vinegar and salt in a small bowl.
4. Add hot pasta to bowl with broccoli and grapes. Pour dressing overtop and stir to coat. Cover and chill for a few hours for flavors to meld.
5. Stir in bacon and pecans right before serving.
*Store in fridge for up to 3 days
This salad is tangy-sweet and would be great for any cookouts you have coming up. It travels and holds up well too.
Thanks for reading! xo