This past Saturday was my birthday and to celebrate, my family took me to a local winery for a picnic. The weather was uncooperative, but the venue had a lovely tasting room with tables to enjoy food and wine.
As part of my present, my husband picked up some terrific items to make a charcuterie board. Whether you are having a date night at home or just hanging out with friends, a cheese and meat tray is an ideal snack.
These trays can be customized to include your favorite cheeses, meats and crackers. I even like to eat this for lunch on occasion. I present the food on a nice cutting board. The one pictured was a gift my husband purchased from World Market.
- An assortment of crackers
- A couple varieties of salami (We tried rosé and sparkling wine infused)
- Cheese (some hard and soft styles) This board contained Ash ripened goat cheese, Brie and Sharp provolone.
- Honey (a perfect topping)
- Fresh fruit (grapes, apples or berries) You may also used dried fruit- likes cranberries or apricots.
- Chocolate (I purchased a dark sea salt variety at the winery)
- Caviar (if you are feeling brave! My husband picked up salmon roe, which added a bit of saltiness)
Once you’ve selected your ingredients, slice up some of the cheese and salami and arrange on the board. Add in the crackers; fruit and enjoy!
You should also, have cheese utensils nearby, so people can continue to serve themselves. This is such a great party platter and it really looks impressive too.
Thanks for reading! xo