I’ve become lazy when it comes to lunch. It has sort of become an afterthought, so now I’m trying to freshen up our lunch menu. As you know, I love to cook, but sometimes you become tired and clean up is the worst. Cleaning is so not my favorite! Sorry for the rambling- this chicken salad was created a couple weeks ago when I had left over chicken to use up.
A rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store makes this meal come together seamlessly. I decided to add dried cranberries and diced apple for extra crunch and texture.
Serve the chicken salad in pita bread or with crackers. It would also, be fantastic overtop mixed greens.
Rotisserie Chicken Salad-
- Meat from 1 Rotisserie Chicken (shredded)
- 1/2 cup mayo (add more or less based on your preference)
- Diced red onion (about 1/3 of a large onion)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 diced Granny Smith Apple
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (dried or fresh)
1. Add shredded chicken to a large bowl.
2. Next, add the red onion, mayo, dried cranberries and apple to the bowl and give it a good stir.
3. Season mixture with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
4. Serve stuffed into toasted pitas or with crackers.
*Store any leftovers in the fridge.
This makes a filling lunch and is also great for dinner when you don’t want to turn the oven on. Have chips and pickles on the side and your family should be happy to enjoy.
Thanks for reading! xo