My day job is teaching children with a variety of special needs. I am always on the hunt for fun, safe and simple projects that they can all be included in.
I recently saw a video on Facebook, showing a tutorial dying Easter eggs with food coloring and shaving cream. Immediately, I knew this was the perfect project for my students.
The kids had fun rolling the eggs through the shaving cream and the end results were really pretty. The pastel marbled eggs look stunning. If you are looking to dye eggs this Easter weekend, then I would recommend this method. It is messy, but clean up is quick and the overall process is great for many age levels.
- Foil disposable pan
- Shaving cream (1 can)
- Food coloring
- Hard boiled eggs
- Egg carton
- Paper towels
- Rubber gloves
1. Fill foil tray with a layer of shaving cream.
2. Put droplets of food coloring onto shaving cream.
3. Use a toothpick to drag the colors together like you are marbling a cake.
4. Roll the eggs through the shaving cream mixture. (Wear your gloves!!)
5. Place eggs in egg carton to dry for at least 20 minutes.
6. Use a paper towel to wipe excess shaving cream off of eggs. Admire your craftiness.
I was really impressed with the different looks we achieved and my favorite was the galaxy looking egg pictured above. This activity was the perfect send off for spring break. I am so excited to have the next week off.
Have a Happy Easter!!
Thanks for reading! xo