Easter arrives in a week and I’m sure you have a bunch of hard boiled/dyed eggs hanging around in the fridge. This recipe makes perfect use of your eggs. Deviled Eggs are an easy side dish to share with friends or family.
My son assisted me with this recipe and he actually ate some too. He’s super picky, so when he’s open to trying new foods I’m stoked!
Classic Deviled Eggs- (My own recipe after making these multiple times over the years).
- One dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
1. Slice hard boiled eggs in half. Remove yolks and place into medium sized bowl.
2. Mash yolks with a fork.
3. Add mayo, vinegar and mustard along with the salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. You can spoon filling into the eggs or pipe filling in for a more fancy look. I used a closed star tip in a throwaway piping bag.
5. Garnish eggs with a little sprinkle of paprika.
*Make sure you store these covered in the fridge until you are ready to eat or serve them.
Picnic season is upon us and Deviled Eggs are an excellent addition to any picnic basket. You can also, bring these as a well received side for Easter brunch or dinner. Yum!
Thanks for reading! xo