Today the weather is beautiful and I’m so thankful after all the grey days lately. I made this pasta salad for lunch last week and it’s a wonderful addition to a BBQ or cookout. It’s light, but filling and is a terrific way to add a few more vegetables into your diet.
This dish would also, look really pretty served in mason jars for any spring baby or bridal showers that you may have coming up. It’s simple to make, which is the best part. Now that the weather is getting nice, you don’t want to spend a lot of time in front of a hot stove.
Spring Pasta Salad:
- One box of penne Pasta (I used Barilla veggie penne)
- Grape or Cherry tomatoes sliced in half (I roasted mine, but you can use raw)
- Red onion (sliced)
- Mini mozzarella balls
- Baby Spinach or Spring mix
- Kraft Greek dressing
*I didn’t measure my ingredients- I just threw in handfuls until it felt right. Use your judgement.
1. Cook Pasta according to box directions. Then drain and rinse under cold water. Place into large bowl.
2. Add the veggies and cheese to the bowl with the pasta and toss gently.
3. Finally, add a few tablespoons of dressing until it’s to your liking. Place in fridge for an hour for flavors to meld together. Then serve. You may store this in the refrigerator for a few days and enjoy as leftovers too.
This pasta salad is really tasty and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. If you are gluten free, then use GF noodles and then you can be included in this delicious meal too.
Thanks for reading! xo