We love cereal in this house- it’s an easy breakfast or snack and super kid friendly. We all really love Chocolate Chex and of course many of the kid classics; Fruit Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Lucky Charms. When I saw the limited edition box with only clover marshmallows I knew I had to pick up a box.
Since Saint Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, why not make a fun and festive treat? This recipe is just like Rice Krispy Treats, except we swapped the cereal out for Lucky Charms.
These cereal bars make a wonderful snack or can be a perfect edition to a holiday brunch, for just a touch of green. These didn’t last too long in my home and I’m sure your kiddos will like them too!
The Lucky Charms Treats recipe was adapted from the recipe on the bag of Bakers Corner marshmallows.
- Non-stick spray
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups Lucky Charms
- 20 regular size marshmallows
1. Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add butter and marshmallows to a pot on the stovetop over low heat and melt, stirring frequently. (Be careful not to burn).
3. Once mixture is melted remove pot from heat and add cereal. Stir to combine mixture well.
4. Press mixture into pan with a spatula (or hands) sprayed with non-stick spray and allow to cool. Slice into bars and serve or cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for a couple days.
This recipe can be used with most cereal, so change it up to suit your taste. These treats would also be perfect to package up and deliver to neighbors or friends for a special St Paddy’s Day dessert.
Thanks for reading! xo