Are you currently planning any parties? If so, these pom-poms add an adorable and fun touch to your party. You can make many to string on a garland or just a couple to adorn a present. They give off a playful vibe that any kid won’t be able to resist.
A few years ago, I purchased a pom-pom maker at my local Michaels craft store. It was only a few dollars and makes the process very easy. With this simple tool you can create tons of fluffy pom-poms for any occasion or project.
- Pom-Pom maker
1. Wind the yarn around the “rainbow arch” shaped part of the pom-pom maker. (make sure you wind on both sides and do so evenly)
2. Cut the wound yarn. (you need sharp scissors)
3. Tie with thread or yarn to keep in place. (thread gives you a tighter knot) Make sure you double knot.
4. Open one arch at a time and separate the two pieces to remove the pom-pom.
5. Fluff to shape and trim ends if needed.
Now you have beautiful pom-poms to add a little crafty style to your get together. Pom-poms can also be used as a little embellishment on a pillow, blanket or scarf. If you haven’t guessed by now, simple and quick is the name of the game in this busy season of life. I try to carve a few moments each week to feel fulfilled creatively. What types of posts would you enjoy seeing? I’d love to hear from any readers out there. (If any exist) lol
Thanks for reading! xo