Breakfast foods are some of my favorites. There is something comforting about them I suppose. Today, I am sharing one of my fave on the go breakfasts; overnight oats. Over the past few years this dish has become very popular and I’m glad to have it in my morning routine. It’s filling and super tasty.
Mason jars work perfectly to hold the oat mixture and make it portable too. You can whip up a batch at the beginning of the week to save time also.
This is a very versatile recipe and can be customized to fit your likes. This week I used banana in some of my jars and then a mixture of blueberries and strawberries. Select your favorite fruits to keep it fresh and satisfying.
This recipe is adapted from Kath Eats. She always shares wholesome and approachable ideas, which I appreciate.
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or yogurt of your choice-sometimes I use plain or whole milk yogurt too, whatever I have on hand.)
- 1/3 cup milk (I used skim because that’s what my boys drink, but sometimes I use almond milk)
- 1/2 banana or 1/3 cup fresh fruit
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Teaspoon chia seeds
- Nutbutter or granola to garnish
1. Add all ingredients (except garnish) to a bowl and mix together.
2. Spoon into mason jars and seal with lid. Place in fridge overnight to soften the oats.
3. In the morning top with a spoonful of nut butter and or crunchy granola.
*You may eat this cold, right out of the fridge. If you want to take some of the chill off, heat for a few seconds in the microwave, then enjoy.
It’s a great feeling to wake up to a ready made breakfast that’s nutritious and will keep you satisfied until lunch. I hope you enjoy these overnight oats as much as I do.
Thanks for reading! xo