One of my favorite things to do is plan celebrations. I love coming up with a theme and brain storming on that concept. Decorating and styling a party brings me sheer joy. It’s such a creative process; from planning the menu to making party decor. I have such fun with it!
Over the following weeks, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite party decor. Today, I’m sharing how to make accordion paper rosettes. These paper flowers will add a beautiful 3D pop to your party decorations. You can use any scrapbook style paper to tie in with your theme. Scrapbook paper is sold in many colors and even seasonal patterned varieties are offered, so you have many options at your disposal.
Let’s get started…
- scrapbook paper
- glue stick
- hot glue
- glue gun
- circle paper punch (optional)
1. Cut two 12″ x 2″ strips of paper. (Use the ruler and pencil to mark the measurements on the back side of your sheet of paper and keep your lines straight). You may make your rosettes any size you want, but the bigger you go the more strips of paper you need. The measurements above are for small rosettes. Large rosettes requires 4 strips of paper (two scrapbook sheets cut in half)
2. Accordion fold the paper by hand (or you may score the paper if you want to be especially precise) Start the first strip by folding up and start the second strip by folding down. This makes it easier to attach them together in the next step.
3. Glue the two strips together using a glue stick. They should come together seamlessly and will now be connected as one long strip.
4. Glue the other end of the strip together so they form a circle.
5. Push the top of the paper together and down so it lays flat. It won’t stay this way until the hot glue is applied.
6. Cut a small square or circle out of cardstock. This will be hot glued to the back side of the rosette. Hold the piece of paper onto the back side of the rosette until the glue cools.
7. You may cut out a small circle with a paper punch if you’d like to cover the small opening on the front side of the rosette. Or you may even use a button. Heck, leave it as is too. Make it fit your style!
You are finished! Now you have super cute paper rosettes to decorate your space for a festive look. These are really adorable for tea parties, showers or even your kiddos birthday party.
If you want to hang them, just attach some string or feel free to lean them against the props on your dessert or gift table.
I hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial! Thanks for reading. xo