Super Bowl Sunday has arrived! Football fans nationwide rejoice!! Me on the other hand, I don’t know the first thing about football and don’t have a “team”. What I do have is a love of food and time spent together with friends and family. So this is a holiday I can get behind. Also, I like to watch the ever popular “Puppy Bowl” on Animal Planet. Who can resist those adorable pups?
If you need a last minute recipe for the celebration today, I’ve got a quick step favorite to share with you. My mom made these delicious little bites when I was a child and I fondly recall devouring them. These are sure to go quick and are so easy to put together. My eight year old assembled these for me. It’s a win, win…
This class recipe comes from Pillsbury.
Mini pig in a blankets (makes about 48)
- Refrigerated crescent rolls (2 packages)
- 1 14oz package of cocktail sausages
- Mustard and Ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Unroll both cans of the dough; separate the triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow pieces.
3. Place sausage on shortest side of each crescent roll piece. Roll up each, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on 2 lightly greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from baking sheet immediately, serve warm with favorite condiments. My family likes ketchup and mustard.
These little snacks are kid friendly and will be a hit at any get together.
Thanks for reading! xo