What goes together better than M&M candies and chocolate chip cookies? Well, plenty of things, but this is one fantastic combination. My family enjoys these cookies and we also leave a couple out for Santa on Christmas Eve. With Valentine’s Day only a few weeks away these would be a fantastic treat for the sweeties in your life. Package a few in a cellophane bag and tie with ribbon and you have a perfect treat for those you love.
I’ve been snowed in the past four days and have spent much of it in the kitchen. These cookies were just begging to be made! If you are caught in the 2016 blizzard as well, what have you been baking or making? I’d love to hear!
This recipe is slightly adapted from “Rachel Cooks” blog.
These cookies are sure to be a new family favorite!
M&M chocolate chip cookies
Yield: around two dozen cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon salt (sometimes I reduce this ever so slightly-go with what feels right! Ha)
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 package (6oz) M&Ms (mini or regular size)
1/2 package (6oz) chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer/hand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix on medium until incorporated. Scrape sides if needed.
- With mixer on low, add dry ingredient mixture gradually until dough forms.
- Stir in M&M candy and chocolate chips by hand.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment or Silpat and set aside.
- Form balls from approximately 1 tablespoon of dough and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just barely golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes on baking sheet before removing and placing on wire rack to finish cooling. (At this stage I like to press a few M&MS onto the tops of the cookies while still warm. This adds a neat touch)
- Store in airtight container if they last that long!
I hope you try this recipe because it’s foolproof and they taste amazing! Thanks for stopping by. xo