Sorry for my absence! I was experiencing blog issues and was frustrated because I’m not super tech savvy. Also, at the end of August I found out I was pregnant, so I’ve been allowing myself extra rest. However, even though this was a September theme post, I wanted to share it, because it’s still cute.
My son started 1st grade after Labor Day and the week before we attended his “Back to School” orientation. I decided it would be nice, to surprise his new teacher with fresh flowers. I decorated the vase with pencils to tie it in with the back to school theme. This is an inexpensive gift, but it’s a sweet gesture to start the year off. This quick step project is simple and can be created in just a few minutes. Let’s get started…
Supplies & Tools:
- Cylindrical vase (picked mine up at the dollar store)
- Pencils (I used 36)
- Double sided tape or glue gun/sticks
- Rubber bands
- Chalkboard tag
- Place a rubber band around the vase.
- Put pencils inside rubber band until they wrap around entire vase.
- Wrap ribbon around rubber band and secure with double-sided tape or glue from a glue gun. (The latter works better to really secure the ribbon.)
- Fill vase with water and arrange flowers.
- Add chalkboard tag.
Now you have a special gift that your child will be proud to present to their teacher. I hope your kids are having a great school year. Did you make a gift to celebrate the start of the school year? Thanks for reading! I will be back soon with some whimsical holiday crafts and yummy fall treats.