Today I’m showing you a quick step project. These are projects that can be completed in 30 minutes or less which is great for those short on time, but still looking for a creative outlet. I saw this project for chalk paint milk jars at my local Michaels craft store and decided to give it a shot. You can use these for a vase or as a cute vessel to serve drinks in at a get together. Let’s get started!
Supplies & Tools:
- Glass milk jars
- Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint (I used the color, Vintage)
- Jute cording
- Masking tape
- Spouncer brush
- Tape off the milk bottle for painting. You may vary the painted area if you want to achieve a dipped look.
- Use spouncer brush to paint taped off area. Dry bottle upside down, then remove tape gently.
- Wrap jute cord around top rim and tie. Trim off ends.
- Add a flower stem if using as vase or fill with drink of choice and a fun paper straw if using as a drinking glass. (Make sure you washed out the glass jars first, if using for drinks- I know, you know this!)
I think chalk paint adds a nice touch of the worn in look. This paint can be used on a variety of surfaces like wood, glass, metal and more. I’m already thinking of additional projects I can make with my leftover paint. What do you like to decorate with chalk paint?
Thanks for stopping by!