Have you ever hosted a crafternoon? (If you are not familiar with the term, it’s when you invite a few girlfriends over for an afternoon of crafting). I enjoy this sort of get together because it’s the perfect combination of conversation and creating. These doily dream catchers would be a great addition to a crafternoon, they are simple and whimsical.
Here are a few tips if you plan to host a crafternoon:
- Pick 3 crafts. ( I find anymore than this becomes overwhelming and you may not have the necessary space)
- I think it’s best to have small groups. (4-6 girlfriends, again this allows for everyone to have a comfortable workspace)
- I purchase all the supplies beforehand and try to keep the cost to around $10-15 per person.
- Serve light appetizers and drinks. (you may even ask the other ladies to bring a snack to share.)
- Supply each attendee with a gift bag to take their completed crafts home in. (I like plain brown kraft bags.)
Supplies & Tools:
- 7″ embroidery hoops
- Assortment of ribbon
- Embellishments (I used crochet flowers, but you can use traditional beads and feathers too, whatever you have in your craft stock)
- Glue gun/sticks
- Open the embroidery hoop (you will now have two hoops)
- Lay the doily on the inner hoop and then place the outer hoop over top. (Once the hoops are back together be sure to tighten the screw at the top of the hoop.)
- Cut your ribbon to desired lengths and knot each piece through the bottom of the doily.
- Hot glue the crochet flower embellishment onto the ends of the ribbons or add any adornment you desire.
These may not be your traditional dream catchers, but they are customizable and can be used in a nursery, or as decor at a party or wedding. I hope you liked this quick step project.